Virtualization has greatly increased the speed with which applications can be deployed, and provides the benefits of mobility and agility to meet changing business needs.
Network security for virtualized environments must match the speed and ' agility through automated management and provisioning security, while allowing the seamless support for business processes and security policy exists.
Check Point Virtual Edition (VE) is a unique solution that provides comprehensive security protection and rapid spread of the security services in virtualized environments. By aligning security partners Point with VMware vSphere 5.5, organizations can benefit from a fully automated security solution for VMware virtualized environment.
The virtual machines will be safeguarded by the width of multilayer Check Point security guards without changing the topology of the network. In addition, the interoperability solutions and VMware vCloud protection Check Point Suite enables virtual applications simplified and automated.
“As companies deploy their network infrastructure in the cloud, with the security services can be provided quickly in these virtual environments is critical, “vice president of product management at Check Point Software Technologies.
"Our collaboration with VMware enables strong protection of network security through the development of virtual environments for our customers.”
Available in Q1 2014, the new Check Point VE is only part of the overall security strategy of cloud and virtualization Check Point, which will bring greater interoperability with VMware solutions.
"VMware provides virtualization solutions through computers, networks, storage and management designed to help customers accelerate their journey to the data center, software-defined," he adds, vice president of VMware networking and security.
" The new version of Check Point Virtual Edition , when combined with the latest version of our new vSphere or VMware virtualization platform network NSX will offer our customers a simple solution to protect, manage and automate their cloud and virtualization environments . . "
Features of the Check Point VE include:
- Interoperability with VMware vSphere 5.1 and 5.5, vCenter Server, vCloud Suite and VMware NSX network virtualisation
- Centralized security management for all Check Point virtual and physical security gateways
- Inspection of Inter-VM traffic without changing network topology
- Automated deployment and provisioning of Check Point’s VE gateways
- Automated protection of new virtual machines
- Use of VMware objects in Check Point policy rules
- Constant protection of VMs, regardless of IP address changes
- VM migration without breaking application connectivity